Concrete Garden Ornaments
Garden Fountain Info
All About Hybrid Tea Roses
Hybrid tea roses and the original tea rose are the worldâ€™s favourite
roses and are available in many gorgeous colors.
- Hybrid tea roses are among the most beautiful flowers in the world.
They are the florist's rose.
- The blossoms are fantastic and each flower can have as many as 60
or more petals. You can not find a more beautiful cut flower.
- The fragrance also makes the hybrid tea rose an excellent choice
to give as a bouquet or to grow in your garden.
- Hybrid tea roses are different from other roses because they produce
their flowers usually one bloom to a long stem rather than in clusters.
Most hybrid tea roses produce flowers during the entire growing season
and the plants grow 3 to 6 feet tall.
- Caring for hybrid tea roses is no more difficult than other roses
although you do need to give them special care in colder climates. They
are no more or no less pest or disease resistant than other kinds of
- "La Franceâ"™ was the first hybrid tea rose grown in 1867
by a French nurseryman, Jean-Baptiste Guillot. He cross-bred two old
garden roses and developed an entirely new kind of rose.
- Hybrid tea roses should be planted 18 to 36 inches apart or they
can be planted with other flowers in large pots.
- There are hundreds of choices when looking for hybrid tea roses.
Choices can be made by color, names or fragrance. There are hybrid tea
roses named after famous people including presidents and their wives.
- The very first tea rose was a cross between a China rose and Rosa
gigantea. These plants are more bushy than the hybrid tea rose but the
well-shaped flower buds remind us of todayâ€™s modern hybrid tea roses.
Tea roses come in shades of white, pink and yellow.
Start thinking about adding a tea rose or hybrid tea rose to your garden this year.
Roses and Rose Gardening